For your Capstone Assignment this week, you will develop a topic for the Capstone Project that will allow you to synthesize and apply your Program Learning Outcomes. The topic for the project should be personally tailored to suit your unique perspective, interests, and career path. When selecting your topic, be sure to consult the Capstone Project Guide and the Capstone Project Template for your particular program of study. Your topic must be able to address each item in the Capstone Project Guide and the individual prompts within the Capstone Project Template. For example, if you choose “childhood obesity” as your topic, you will need to apply it to each Program Learning Outcomes. Please contact your Instructor with specific questions related to an appropriate topic.
To prepare for this Capstone Project Assignment:
- Review the Program Learning Outcomes document (located in the Program of Study area) specific to your program (BS Health Studies, BS Public Health, or BS Healthcare Management).
- Review the Capstone Project Template specific to your program.
- Review the Capstone Project Guide (located in the Learning Resources).
- Refer to this week’s Learning Resources for ideas for possible topics. The Healthy People, CDC, and WHO websites are great starting places for finding a topic.
- Be sure to support your work with specific citations from supporting scholarly resources.
Write a 4– to 5–sentence summary of your topic. Be sure to include a title and a rationale for your project. Your topic must be a health or healthcare issue and must be able to address all aspects/content on the Capstone Project Guide and Capstone Project Template documents (found in the Learning Resources). The Instructor will provide guidance on and approval of your topic by Day 3 of Week 2.