- Think about your name and the best way to get the class to remember your name (Keila).
- Be as creative as possible, using any method (narrative, etymology of your name, visual aids, etc.).
- Refer to Name Brainstorming Questions [PDF] Name Brainstorming Questions [PDF] – Alternative Formats if needed.
- Your speech should NOT address every one of the Name Brainstorming Questions from above. Be selective–choose what is most interesting and what works together for a unified message.
2.Create a 1-2 minute speech. Keep the following in mind:
- You should deliver your speech extemporaneously from brief notes that occupy no more than one side of a single 4 x 6 note card.
- Do not read your speech, but use as much eye contact as possible.
- Practice, and time yourself.
- Refer to Assignment 1: Critique Sheet [PDF] Assignment 1: Critique Sheet [PDF] – Alternative
- Formats for how your speech will be critiqued.
- Here is a sample name speech: https://youtu.be/yPaJNFZrB6Q
My name is Keila McNeil. I think we can just use Keila for the speech.