Chapter 2, The Classical School, focuses on the study of crime and criminals, with some study of lawmaking included. Chapter 3, focuses on criminal behavior instead of on legal issues such as rights, and the prevention of crime through the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders.
Based on the assigned reading, complete the following discussion question:
- How relevant do you think the ideas of the Classical School are to the criminal justice system today? What classical ideas could be developed and implemented today that we are not currently using?
- How have the developments of science and the influence of scientific thinking changed the way we view crime and criminals?
- Original responses are to be at least 250 words in length, in Times New Roman, 12-point font, American Psychological Association (APA) format, which includes in-text and endnote citations as needed.
- Supplemental responses are to be at least 100 words in length, in Times New Roman, 12-point font, APA. format.
- Here is an informative link to APA (Links to an external site.)
- Students can include the following types of information in the reply posts: 1) agreements or disagreements to the person’s observations or 2) additional insights/connections not mentioned in the other student’s submission.
- Keep in mind that your discussion forum postings will likely be seen by other members of the course. Care should be taken when determining what to post.