Evaluating an Organizational Initiative
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 13: Introduction to Optimization Modeling and Chapter 14: Optimization Models.
Now is the time to celebrate what you have learned in the course and apply it in practice. Imagine you are a business analyst who is writing an article for Forbes magazine evaluating a recent initiative by a prominent organization of your choice and the data-based decision-making processes they implemented. Your editor has asked you to include the below bullet points in your evaluation.
In your final paper,
- Select an organization.
- Describe the industry and business model.
- Examine a recent initiative that the organization implemented.
- Assess the success of the initiative.
- Describe the organization’s decision support systems and their decision-making process.
- Identify the decision support tools used by the organization to make various structured, semi-structured, and unstructured decisions.
- Outline their processes and tools the organization used following the decision tree model.
- Evaluate how their decision support system contributed to either the success or failure of the initiative.
- Assess how the organization could have approached the initiative differently to realize greater success.
The Evaluating an Organizational Initiative final paper
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.