Write a brief analysis (no longer than 2 pages) of the connection between EBP and the Quadruple Aim.
Your analysis should address how EBP might (or might not) help reach the Quadruple Aim, including each of the four measures of:
- Patient experience
- Population health
- Work life of healthcare providers
- Read the articles by Sikka, Morath, & Leape (2015); Crabtree, Brennan, Davis, & Coyle (2016); and Kim et al. (2016) provided in the Resources.
- Reflect on how EBP might impact (or not impact) the Quadruple Aim in healthcare.
- Consider the impact that EBP may have on factors impacting these quadruple aim elements, such as preventable medical errors or healthcare delivery.
- Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2023). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice (5th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 1, “Making the Case for Evidence-Based Practice and Cultivating a Spirit of Inquiry” (pp. 7–36
- Boller, J. (2017). Nurse educators: Leading health care to the quadruple aim sweet spot.Links to an external site. Journal of Nursing Education, 56(12), 707–708. doi:10.3928/01484834-20171120-01
- Crabtree, E., Brennan, E., Davis, A., & Coyle, A. (2016). Improving patient care through nursing engagement in evidence-based practiceLinks to an external site.. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 13(2), 172–175. doi:10.1111/wvn.12126
- Kim, S. C., Stichler, J. F., Ecoff, L., Brown, C. E., Gallo, A.-M., & Davidson, J. E. (2016). Predictors of evidence-based practice implementation, job satisfaction, and group cohesion among regional fellowship program participantsLinks to an external site.. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 13(5), 340–348. doi:10.1111/wvn.12171
- Melnyk, B.M., Fineout-Overhold, E., Stillwell, S.B., & Williamson, K.M. (2010). Evidence-based practice step-by-step: The seven steps of evidence-based practiceLinks to an external site.. American Journal of Nursing, 110(1), 51-53.
- Melnyk, B. M., Gallagher-Ford, L., Long, L. E., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2014). The establishment of evidence-based practice competencies for practicing registered nurses and advanced practice nurses in real-world clinical settings: Proficiencies to improve healthcare quality, reliability, patient outcomes, and costsLinks to an external site.. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 11(1), 5–15. doi:10.1111/wvn.12021
- Sikka, R., Morath, J. M., & Leape, L. (2015). The Quadruple Aim: Care, health, cost and meaning in workLinks to an external site.. BMJ Quality & Safety, 24, 608–610. doi:10.1136/bmjqs-2015-004160