The final project for this course is the creation of a decision-making and principles of management paper.
As you continue on your path to earn a degree in business administration, you will deepen your understanding of how effective management is a crucial aspect of overall business success, especially in today’s complex business world. As business and society continue to evolve, there will continue to be a demand for managers who are able to organize their resources and strategically implement the functions of management to achieve the goals of an organization.
The final paper for the course is divided into two parts: Final Project One and Final Project Two. Both parts of the assessment will focus on decision making and the fundamental principles of management.
In Final Project One, with the help of your instructor, you will select a successful company from the list provided. You will analyze the company’s best practices and effective implementation of the fundamental principles of management. Final Project One is divided into two milestones which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Module Two and Module Three. Final Project One will be submitted in Module Five.
In Final Project One, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
- Analyze how an organization’s goals influence organizational planning that informs strategic decision making
- Analyze the functions of management and ethical principles for executing effective decision making in organizations
- Apply management techniques that ensure the continuous improvement of personnel and business processes to measure organizational performance
- Apply communication techniques aimed at increasing employee performance, thus achieving organizational goals and objectives
- Illustrate the important connection between management and organizational culture
For this assignment, due in Module Two, you will submit a 1-2 page (maximum) document that will identify your chosen successful company from the suggested list. You are expected to provide a brief overview of the successful company that you have chosen to benchmark for management best practices. You should also include specific examples related to the fundamental principles of management and the company’s mission and vision statement. Instructor feedback should be applied to your Final Project One submission.
You must select a company from the list of suggested companies below. Resources related specifically to the successful companies listed are provided.