Financial Planning (FIN302)
1. Choose 1 stock and 1 mutual fund to comprise your retirement portfolio.
2. For each stock chosen, a comparison security (in the same industry or same mutual fund category) must be chosen (ie you select Microsoft as one of your stocks, you must choose a stock to compare Microsoft to such as Intuit. Comparing it to Ford would not be correct).
3 For each security chosen, you must use 5 reasons (BE VERY SPECIFIC AND DETAILED) why you selected one security over the other (i.e. Microsoft has no debt, a low p/e, good dividend, strong quick ratio and future growth potential and compare to Intuit (but with a lot more supporting detail)).
4. Report must be no less than 5 pages in length (text only), using standard APA format.
5. Graphs can be used to support details in the report, but do not count as actual pages (ie still need 5 pages of text along with graphs).
* Final Presentation; Create a retirement plan for you. You will put together a diversified portfolio, made up of stocks and mutual funds