Hypothesis testing is a foundational statistical technique used to make decisions about a hypothesis. A hypothesis test compares two mutually exclusive statements (null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis) where only one is true. Hypothesis testing can determine statistical significance by examining the probability that a given result would occur under the null hypothesis. For this assignment, you will perform hypothesis testing on the differences between the two groups.
The dataset contains the following variables:
- Clinic 1 (total number of visits per month for clinic 1).
- Clinic 2 (total number of visits per month for clinic 2).
An investor needs to make a decision on whether to acquire one of two medical clinics based on their productivity, as measured by the total number of visits per month. You have been asked whether there is a significant difference in the total number of visits per month between Clinic 1 and Clinic 2.
For this assignment, perform hypothesis testing on the differences between two groups in the Assignment 2 Dataset. Create an appropriately labeled Excel document with your results. Also, write an analysis of the results in a Word document. Insert the test results into this document (copied from the output file and pasted into a Word document). Refer to the “Copy From Excel to Another Office Program” resource for instructions.
The numbered assignment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Hypothesis Testing for Differences Between Groups rubric, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed:
- Generate a hypothesis about the difference between the two groups in a dataset.
- State null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis as an explanation and math equation.
- Identify the appropriate statistical test of the difference between the two groups in a dataset.
- Provide your statistical rationale.
- Perform an appropriate statistical test of the difference between two groups in a dataset.
- Interpret the statistical results of data analysis and state whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis based on the p-value and an alpha of .05.
- Interpret p-value and statistical significance.
- Write a narrative summary that includes practical, administration-related implications of the hypothesis test.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- Length: 2–3 pages.
- APA format: Cite your sources using the current Evidence and APALinks to an external site. format.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 point.
View RubricWeek 5 Assignment – Hypothesis Testing for Differences Between GroupsWeek 5 Assignment – Hypothesis Testing for Differences Between GroupsCriteriaRatingsPtsGenerate a hy