Unit 4 – Individual Project (150 points)
Due: Sun, Aug 20 |Printer Friendly Version
Research has little value if there is no analysis of the results to help formulate a solution to the original problem. The information gathered must be examined and properly analyzed to understand the results. This analysis must be appropriate for the type of research performed, and an action plan should be created based on the results of the analysis.
For this assignment, you will continue work on the project with an analysis of the research results. You will use the results (along with other relevant information) to formulate a solution for the problem that you identified in Week 1. You will provide justification for the proposed solution based on the research results. You will also include a project plan for the proposed solution with a time line, required resources, and estimated cost. Finally, you will provide a cost–benefit analysis of the proposed solution.
The project deliverables are the following:
· Update the Information Technology Problem Analysis document title page with a new date and project name.
· Update the previously completed sections based on your instructor’s feedback.
· New Content: Project Execution
· Proposed Solution
· Using the results obtained from your research (along with other relevant information), prepare a proposed solution for the problem that you identified in Week 1.
· It will be appropriate to restate the original problem and provide a point-by-point justification as to why the proposed solution will address the problem.
· Project Plan
· Prepare a project plan for the proposed solution that includes the specific objectives, support for those objects, and measures for the objectives.
· Include a time line, tasks, required resources, and estimated costs. Present research support for the cost estimates.
· Final Topic
· Provide a three to five year cost–benefit analysis of the proposed solution and compare it to a cost-benefit analysis of the bottom line if no project is executed (if nothing is done). . Typically, a project should show a stronger cumulative positive total of the revenues – expenses figures compared to the do-nothing alternative. The cost benefit analysis should be accomplished using Excel.
· Be sure to update your Table of Contents before submission.
· Name the document “yourname_IT697_IP4.doc.”
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Find resources on how to write academically and use APA citations, including an
example of Masters-level writing
Writing Style Guide for Master’s Students
Top of Form
Bottom of Form