Unit 5 – Individual Project (250 points)
Due: Sun, Aug 27 |Printer Friendly Version
Analyze previous submissions and make changes as necessary to the final paper. Continue development of the project or research with a 2–3-page detailed analysis of how current and future technology trends might impact the project or research performed, a 1–2-page analysis of applying best ethical practices to your research project, and prepare two 2-slide PowerPoint presentations to a technical and nontechnical audience on your research project. This is the last and final section of the Key Assignment, and it should bring together all aspects of the project or research in one cohesive paper. Revise previous sections so that the entire document flows and has a strong introduction and conclusion.
The final step in the work for the course is to analyze how current and future technology trends might influence your project or research and discuss how to apply good ethical decision making practices to strategic solutions in the IT industry.
Technology tends to change rapidly and, in some cases, might alter an IT project before it is even completed. Research results can be outdated in a short period of time and must include an analysis of current and future trends as part of the overall analysis. For the first part of this assignment, add a 2–3-page detailed analysis of current and future trends in areas of Information Technology that could affect your project research results. Produce a financial impact analysis scenario for the company based on the potential impact of the trends.
Ethical practices such as how employees are treated, the use of information, the management of resources, or approaches to sustainability all have strong impacts on an organization. For example, consider 1) misuse of personal information, 2) misinformation and deep fakes, 3) lack of oversight and acceptance of responsibility, or 4) the use of artificial intelligence in a business. As managers, we have a responsibility to always be mindful to observe responsible ethical practices. For the second part of this assignment, add a 1–2-page analysis of how you, as the IT manager, would address 2–3 of these areas of best ethical practices that could apply to your project research results.
Prepare a 2-slide PPT presentation that addresses the technical audience of your project (i.e., the technical team) and a 2-slide PPT presentation that addresses the nontechnical members of the project (e.g., stakeholders, customers, business team members). Finally, you will further refine the project or research report to produce the Final Key Assignment. Updates should be based on peer and instructor feedback.
The project deliverables are the following:
· Update the Information Technology project or Technical Research document title page with new date and project name.
· Update previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
· Current and Future Trends Analysis
· Provide a list of at least 3 current or future technology trends that might affect your project or research results.
· Discuss how each trend would influence your project or research.
· Your discussion should provide details about the impact that the technology trend would have on your project or research.
· Justify your analysis with appropriate research.
· Produce a financial impact analysis scenario for the company based on the potential effect of trends that were identified in the previous steps.
· Application of Ethical Decision Making to Strategic Solutions in Industry
· Provide a 1–2-page analysis of how you, as the IT manager, would address 2–3 areas of best ethical practices that could apply to your project research results.
· Technology Project or Technical Research Document
· Review the entire document for any changes and improvements that you would like to make.
· Ensure that this final version of the document is sufficiently detailed to fully meet the assignment requirements for each part of the course.
· Provide two 2-slide PowerPoint presentations for 1) technical and 2) nontechnical audience.
· Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with appropriate changes.
· Be sure to update your Table of Contents before submission.
· Name the document “yourname_IT697_IP5.doc.”
· Please submit your final document for grading.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Find resources on how to write academically and use APA citations, including an
example of Masters-level writing
Writing Style Guide for Master’s Students
Top of Form
Bottom of Form