Moral and ethical development in children affects student learning and school/classroom interactions. Teachers need to ensure moral and ethical instruction and interactions are taking place in the classroom/school. Prosocial behavior should be one of the cornerstones of classroom management plans.
Select a grade level that you intend to teach and write a 500-750 word that addresses the following:
- Rationale for the importance of promoting moral and ethical development in the classroom, including the implications of moral and ethical development for the classroom, schoolm and society.
- Definition of key terms related to moral and ethical development in toddlers to adolescence, including moral behavior, moral reasoning, and prosocial behavior.
- Summary of the six stages of moral development from Kohlberg’s theory and examples of behaviors that might occur within these stages.
- Explanation of which of the six stages of Kohlberg’s theory most influences children in your selected grade level.
- Provide 2-3 classroom strategies to encourage moral development and promote moral and prosocial student behavior in your selected grade level.
Support your work with 2-3 scholarly resources.