- Vision Statement: Develop a vision statement for the policy and IT ethics outlining its purpose and strategic goals.
- Key Terms: Define key terms, acronyms and abbreviations used in the policy and in IT ethics.
- Roles and Responsibilities: Define roles and responsibilities in developing, approving and maintaining the policies and IT ethics.
- Process: Define the process used in developing and maintaining IT policies and ethics.
- Scope: Define the policy and ethics and their scope.
- Risks and Mitigators: Develop a list of ranks, ordered risks, and mitigators for those risks.
- Relevance to Goals and Policies: Analyze and document how the policies and ethics fit the company’s goals and policies.
- Change Management Plan: Develop a change management plan for maintenance of the policies and ethics, including roles responsibilities and signoff procedures.
- Implementation Plan: Develop a roll out timeframe and implementation strategy.
- Approvals: Sign off blocks for each level of management for the document.
Create a professional business document template, table of contents and appendices (if needed).
The framework should be a detailed outline of topics that will potentially be in the final product. You may want to include multiple approaches for critique that can be reviewed by the CEO. Think of this as building a template that you will fill in with details after continuous critique.