Imagine a customer service call center has recently hired you, as an HR advisor, to make recommendations to their organizational development and training program. The call center’s profit margin has been low and many employees quit after 1 year. The employee who has worked longest has only been there for 2 years, and he is looking at other job markets. You observe employees in their activities and notice that many do not see a future at the call center. Many new hires complain about the lack of a training class. The only training involves them observing another employee for 3 days; afterwards, they are expected to begin working with customers on their own and to be familiar with the database. Customers also complain that representatives are rude, impatient, and confused when answering questions.
Create a detailed report, in no more than 1,050 words, of what your recommendations would be for the call center. In your report, include the following points:
- Components of your job analysis and design
- Techniques in developing your training programs
- Importance and differences in using mentoring and executive coaching
- An effective approach to organizational development based on the situation
- Different approaches to career development