Student Questionnaire Redesign
Below is an actual survey used in ECSU university courses. Redesign the survey to include relevant information and more diverse question types
· The survey is generally delivered through Blackboard.
· ECSU students in general education classes are expected to take this survey.
Consider the following questions. You do NOT need to answer the question, just think about them as you redesign the survey.
· Should the university use a standard survey format accessible for all students? If so, what platform would be accessible without requiring a login? (see free resources like SurveyMonkey, etc.)
· Should the questions include numbers? Why or why not?
· Should information about QEP and NACE be included in the instructions or somewhere else?
· Should the instructions provide more clarity?
· Should there be separate responses for first and last names?
· Should students include other relevant information like ID numbers?
· Should the survey include information on how to find the class/section number?
· Should the survey include different question types; for example, a liker-scale or
· Since this is a pre-assessment given at the beginning of a semester, should the survey include example definitions for each question? Why or why not?
· Should the survey include images? Should the survey include different images?
· Is there anything else you should redesign about the survey to make it more accessible for students and to collect better data for the university?
Image of how the survey looks now:
Copy and paste the survey text onto a new document. Redesign the document. Submit your NEW document for the assignment.
QEP F23 NACE Pre assessment
Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey.
Your answers should be how YOU define or understand the question.
If you can provide specific examples to support your definition you should.
Class and section you’re in (EX: ENGL 102.01)
What do you think it means to show career and self-development in this class?
What do you think it means to show equity and inclusion in this class?
What do you think it means to use technology in this class?
What do you think it means to show leadership in this class?
What do you think it means to demonstrate oral and written communication in this class?
What do you think it means to show teamwork and leadership in this class?
What do you think it means to show critical thinking and problem in this class?
What do you think it means to show professionalism in this class?