1. Create a brief summary of the research method, and then design your plan to use to investigate your research topic.
2. Select a method and design appropriate for a Ph.D. study. Ph.D. quantitative studies must demonstrate both internal and external validity (e.g., large, random samples, statistical power, and representativeness).
– Your summary must address the following:
- Note a specific method and design you plan to use in your research.
- Describe and substantiate the appropriateness of the method and design to respond to the stated problem, purpose, and research questions.
- Note how the proposed method and design accomplish the study goals, why the design is the optimum choice for the proposed research, and how the method aligns with the purpose and research questions.
- Provide appropriate foundational research method support for the proposed study design.
- Explain the particular data gathering techniques and data analysis processes. The sample size of the study population should be identified and must be appropriate and justified based on the nature of the study design. The quantitative analysis must include justified sample size determination.
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages