This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
· CO 2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO 2)
· CO 5: Develops a plan for continued personal and professional development through enrollment in graduate education, continuing education programs, certification attainment, professional reading and participation in professional organizations and service to the community. (PO 5)
Transformational leaders influence those around them and therefore have the potential to alter the culture of a unit or organization. Effective nurse leaders consider continuing education and development an essential part of professional nursing. Please address the following topics:
· What professional nursing organizations are you interested in or currently participate in?
· What nursing certifications or continuing education (graduate degree) might fit into your future plans?
· Regarding your own transformational leadership skills, what aspect of the TEACH values discussed in the lesson do you think would most benefit your work environment if adopted? As a transformational leader, what action could you take to incorporate this chosen TEACH value into the work environment?